The Ambrose Monell Foundation funds only those organizations that are qualified to receive charitable grants under the United States Internal Revenue Code and applicable regulations.
The Foundation does not make grants to individuals. The foundation does not make grants to organizations with a fiscal sponsor or whose tax-exempt status is pending. Organizations applying for a grant must have received an IRS determination letter.
The application, available here, requires the following information from each applicant:
- The name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number for the organization, and for the primary contact person for the request.
- Confirmation that IRS 501(c)3 status has been conferred to the organization
- The mission and a brief background statement about the organization
- Amount Requested
- Grant Purpose
If an applicant receives a direct invitation from the Foundation to submit a full grant proposal, the proposal should include the following:
- The name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number for the organization, and for the primary contact person for the request
- A fuller description of the organization, including a brief history and its mission
- Purpose of the grant requested. If not seeking funding for general operating purposes, include a summary of the project or program for which you are seeking funding.
- The amount requested
- If applying for a program, other funding sources
- The time when the funds will be needed
- IRS 501(c)3 determination letter
- Program and operation budget (current year, prior year and next year)
- Current audited financial statement or IRS Form 990
Proposals are reviewed by the Board of Directors twice a year, once in June and once in December.
In order to be reviewed in June, proposals should be received by April 30th and to be reviewed in December, by October 31st.
Proposals may be submitted only by invitation. Unsolicited proposals will not be reviewed.
Ambrose K. Monell, President
The Ambrose Monell Foundation
c/o Fulton Vittoria, LLP
One Rockefeller Plaza, Suite 301
New York, NY 10020-2002
Telephone: (212) 586-0700
Fax: (212) 245-1863